This is the most expensive way to get your line going but it is possible. We will schedule a time for you to speak with our formulator.
- You will discuss your product ideas with the formulator.
- Fees for a private formulation applies to every product you wish to formulate. The fee is $110.00/per hour. Most products take 5-10 hours.
- You will receive a quote to complete your product.
- You must make a deposit of 50% of the total cost of the finished product.
- Your ingredients will then be sourced.
- Your product sample will be made and submitted to you.
- You will have an opportunity to test and request modification to the formulation until you approve it for production. Once the original final formulation is fully approved any modification made will be made at a cost of 250.00/per modification.
- We require a 5-10 gallon minimum for each product, depending on the cost of your specific ingredients.
- Your approved formulation will become your intellectual property and transferred to you. No one else will have access to your formulation and we will not make it for anyone else. You must submit a purchase order or purchase request via email to: email@example.com at which time an Invoice will be created and sent for payment in full. Once payment is received production will begin.
- Complete process turn-around time for each formula is between 2-10 weeks depending on sourcing of ingredients.
- Bella Lynn Naturals® holds the rights to the formula for each product for a 2 year period. Should you choose to source another supplier at the end of the 2 year period you will be provided the Inclusive Product Formulation to do so.
What is CUSTOM FORMULATION INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY? Legal entitlement which sometimes attaches to the expressed form of an idea, or to some other intangible subject matter. This legal entitlement generally enables its holder to exercise exclusive rights of use in relation to the subject matter and in this case protection against formulation reveal.
The term intellectual property reflects the formulation idea that this subject matter is the product of the mind or the intellect, rights may be protected at law in the same way as any other form of property. Keep in mind that cosmetic ingredients are public information although not your formula.